11.21.2008

Private Function


My friend's, sister-in-law's, brother's, work (follow that?) rented out a theater at Jordan Commons for an early screening of Twilight. We got to go at 7:00 pm the night before it opened. The movie was good, not great. Just like the books. A fun story, but nothing earth-shattering. Plus, they showed a new trailer for Harry Potter 6 before which was awesome. Perhaps the best part of the night though, was watching the hormone-crazed, superfans who were gathering for the midnight showing.

Jordan Commons capitalized on this by throwing a "prom" in one of the hallways, complete with Edward look-a-like (even though he really didn't) food, and decor. It cost $45 dollars to get in. Yeah. Seriously. People (when I say people I mean teenage girls) paid that much for a fake prom in a hallway at a movie theater, on top of the price of their ticket. I mean I love when people go all out, but $45??? in a recession? To each their own. I can't really talk, I was 13 when Titanic came out and I paid to go see it in the theater maybe 7 times. Embarrassing, but like I said, I was 13. I snapped a pick of some of the tweens who went to the prom thing. The best part was how they walked around like they were in the movie or something.

Then we got to pose on the red carpet that they'd laid out for the movie, doing our best "i'm-better-than-you, faces" like the celebs. I still can't get over how much hype there has been for this movie. And I've seen my fair share of midnight showings.

All in all, the movie was good, it had a great soundtrack and the people in our theater were hilarious. That's the best part of a big blockbuster debut, how the crowd gets into it, clapping at the end, or in this case squealing with delight during Edward and Jacob's first scenes in the movie.It was a fantastic night, we even had time to watch the new episode of the Office that Megs had DVR'd. Toby's back! Oh and Here is the new Harry Potter Trailer that I mentioned above. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

ok i am totally jealous, the trailer i had in my movie was that old dumb freaky one about voldemort as an orphan. this one is WAY better, i hope they have it today!

Honey Gangsta said...

Hi,
I work at Jordan Commons and I just wanted to clarify that for $45 the "prom goers" came to the party, received their movie tickets, dinner, popcorn and soda, and a gift bag with about $100 worth of stuff in it. It was actually really fun for those who were excited about the movie. Just didn't want you to think we were trying to rip anyone off. Thanks! :)

Lindsey said...

Oh no i'm sure it was way fun for the people that went, i am just surprised at how much hype there has been for this movie and how much those girls were spending on it, that's all. but i can understand because i saw titanic 7 times when i was that age...

just out of curiosity...how did you come across our blog?