12.17.2008

The Talented Tavis

No, I didn't forget the "r", it's pronounced Tavis (like have-is). Tavis Johnson was me and Brody's wedding photographer and I was so pleased with all the pictures he took for us, I had to dedicate a blog post solely to him. I had first heard about him through a couple of my friends (pictured below) and completely fell in love with his work. He is unique, classy and so easy to work with. You can look at all his stuff here.

Here are a couple of my favorite shots from our engagements, bridals, groomals & wedding.





We went to Wendover/The Salt Flats for my Bridals. We got really lucky with the weather, it was one of the only cloudy days last summer and the sky was awesome. Thanks again Lace for helping!




We took a bunch of 'groomals' (as Tavis has deemed them) around downtown before the actual wedding day so we weren't rushed. I am so glad we did this, they are some of my favorite shots and we barely had time for pictures on the actual day.










This is a picture from his "trash the dress" session with my friend Toni. They found the dress at the D.I. and went to the great Salt Lake with incredible results. Of course it helps that she is drop dead gorgeous

This is my other friends, Ashley & Tom Swapp in Oakland, CA. Such a gorgeous picture, thank you girls for the tip!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

my sister, you are so beautiful and tavis was awesome! we all need to be able to fit in our wedding dresses and go have a photo shoot with all of us . . . well i was just thinking how when we were taking your bridals i wanted to do mine over, not that i don't love mine, but they just don't have that edge

the swapps said...

lindsey! these pictures are absolutely stunning. i am so glad toni met tavis, so then i could meet him and then you could, too! we are all so blessed ;)