6.28.2013

An Ode to Utah











I was spoiled and didn't even realize it--which is kind of the worst kind. Utah is stunningly beautiful. STUNNING.  And I so took it for granted, I specifically remember saying to my dad on one of countless awesome four-wheeling trips near our cabin "You've seen one mountain, you've seen them all." Gross. I'm so ashamed.

I grew up in Salt Lake, nestled in the beautiful Rocky mountains (which are actual mountains, not the big hills that parade around as mountains back east) where panoramic views were commonplace and the ridiculously beautiful red rock/turquoise water of Lake Powell, to the alien-like salt flats were just a quick road trip away.  Not to mention going to my parent's cabin whenever we felt like it.  I've been boasting about Utah's beauty a lot lately to my coworkers so I felt a blog post was in order.

I miss it. And the daily does of beautiful instagrams from all my peeps back home make me all kinds of nostalgic (this post may also have a lot to do with the current humidity outside). But, I mean really...



(I wish had copies of the hoards of Lake Powell pictures from my childhood but they're all at home, 
meticulously organized in photobooks my mom made growing up).
How can you not be spoiled when this, Lake Powell, was your life every summer...?


2 comments:

Lacey said...

Amen! love the pics.

Unknown said...

Utah! There's no place like Utah.... Life is great in Utah!..... Travel to the state and you will see! We have the Jazz and the buzz and the Utah symphony! Do you remember that song from the utah centennial? Move home.... We'll treat you real nice!