7.22.2013

Farm Fresh
















On Saturday, Courtney, Joe and I ventured out to Germantown, Maryland to the Homestead Farm where we got to pick our own fresh blackberries and peaches.  It was so great to get out of the city for a few hours, and it was my first time at this kind of farm.  There is just something so magical about plucking the fruit fresh and going straight into our mouths. So primitive and wonderfully simplistic. And the fruit is amazing.

The blackberries are huge, and so sweet. And the peaches!! My goodness the peaches. They had pick-your-own Zinnia flowers as well, an even baby goats.  It was such a good time, I can't wait to go back in the fall when apples and pumpkins are in season.

1 comment:

Kat said...

So pretty and quaint! Every time you post I start thinking about how much I need to come visit. quit posting such enticing pictures!