8.06.2009

What's Happenin' Hot Stuff?


I'm sure you have all heard by now that the legendary John Hughes died of a heart attack. He was only 59.

He was by far my favorite director, screenplay writer, and producer of all time. He is responsible for some of the greatest films of all time including:

  • The Great Outdoors
  • National Lampoon's Vacation
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • Weird Science
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Sixteen Candles
  • Pretty in Pink
  • Planes, Trains and Automobiles
  • Uncle Buck
  • Home Alone
  • Dennis the Menace

I really was heartbroken when I found out. For many years, I've been wondering when he was going to do another movie. I can't count how many Saturday mornings I remember watching The Breakfast Club on TV with my sisters growing up, or how many times I've quoted his amazing one-liners. He was fantastic and will be greatly missed.

They just don't make them like this anymore...

2 comments:

Toni S. Cook said...

I cant believe it! That is very sad, those are some of my all time favorites as well. I could watch home alone or nat'l lampoons all year long! They are quoted far too frequently between me and my siblings:)

Kathy said...

I'm not going to lie, you were my first thought when I heart the shocking, sad news.