1.27.2010

Why not

Brody and I do not own our own house...yet. We have three years of law school tuition to think about before we can make any kind of down payments. That being said, it's never too early to start thinking about decor right?

When I think about my style I would hope for timeless, casual elegance. Casual like the beach, but elegant like a beach in the hamptons. One of my favorite inspirations is Diane Keaton's charcters' home in Somethings Gotta Give. The movie isn't that great but everytime it's on I find myself watching it for the house. It's GORGEOUS. From the thick planks of cherry hardwoods, the myriads of french doors, the crown moldings, the charming cedar shingles and white trim....sigh. So timeless. And wouldn't you know it? It was a showhouse at one point, which a lot of my pictures below have been stolen from...

Another one of my favorite real estate inspirations just happens to be one of my favorite new sitcoms. Modern Family. It's fantastic. The characters, the dialogue, the subtle humor. Watch it. Seriously. Wednesday on ABC, 9/8 Central. But the cherry on top is the three incredible homes the families live in. They are all stunning and decorated impeccably.

So like any crazy person who is desperate to decorate their own dream home, I've been saving screen-shots and photos of my ideal home/style. Classic, eternal good taste...








Don't feel relaxed already?

3 comments:

Adrien said...

gorgeous. i love how light and airy everything feels...it's perfect.

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

Beautiful! I love the white/cream kitchen cabinets with the wood floors it is so clean and rich and the same time and please all those windows in that living room are to die for.

jenna said...

we have such similar taste. all of these are so breathe taking.