2.08.2010

A big disappointment


I am sad. This is usually the time when I post all my fun paparazzi pictures from Sundance and name-drop as much as I can....but alas, Sundance was super disappointing this year.

Now, don't get me wrong. It started off very promising. I was given free tickets to a movie by my boss at work, and there were some major A-listers scheduled to appear. But the night I went up with my friends to star gaze, it was a horrific snowstorm in Park City. Honestly, in the 2 hours that we were wondering main street I got about 5 inches of snow on my car. It was insane and predictably, the blizzard scared all the celebs into the warm havens of their hotel rooms and the VIP lounges. The only real bright spot was when this mariachi band starting playing on the sidewalk that we got to dance to.

The absolute worst part though was the movie we saw. It is called Blue Valentine. It stars Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams and was honestly the most disgusting thing I have ever witnessed. First of all, when we got to the theater it was so over-booked that Brody and I couldn't even sit by each other - as in, he was on the front row and I was up on the balcony. Second, there were seriously so many over-the-top sex scenes and horrible language I literally felt sick to my stomach. But when they showed the abortion scene (yes they actually show her getting an abortion and they do not sugar coat anything) I couldn't take anymore. I finally just got up and walked out. I have only walked out of two movies in my life. Needless to say my streak is over and this year has kind of ruined Sundance for me a little...

2 comments:

Kathy said...

oh linds, i am so sorry about the movie. and i am especially sorry adam brody or michael cera weren't there to make you feel better.

Unknown said...

You and Meg are pretty much the people who I rely on for my celeb pictures from Sundance! You guys always see everyone. And huge bummer about your movie! That's too bad!
ps... i randomly remembered the drive home from powell with Kate O saying Mooommm how much longer! hahah loved it!