5.10.2012

New Chapter

It is an absolutely beautiful day today. With The Cranberries' "Dreams" playing on my ipod during my walk to work this morning, my commute felt very opening credits of You've Got Mail. Strolling down the city streets past the local flower shop and starbucks, with the sun shining bright, and a lovely breeze playing across my face (complete with a loud argument between some protestors).  It's the perfect springy-summery day, no humidity to speak of. Which I take as a good omen, since today is the first day of Brody's internship at the White House ONDCP.  Beyond being elated by the fact that he finished finals last week, I'm even more excited for him to start this new exciting chapter in his legal education and start applying some of that hard-earned knowledge.  Plus, I just think it will be an amazing experience.

To celebrate Brody finishing his first year of law school/Cinco de Mayo, we went to dinner last Saturday at Jaleo--a tappas style restaurant in Chinatown that had some delicious fare.  We got a variety of dishes, my favorite of which was fried bacon-wrapped dates in a sweet mustard sauce. It was divine. We also sampled some semi-sweet goat’s milk cheese paired with raisin walnut bread and fig jam, traditional potatoes with spicy tomato sauce and alioli, sauteed garlic shrimp (for Brody), and homemade grilled pork sausage with sautéed white beans. It was all delicious, and I love the tappas format--small sharable portions, perfect fo trying a little of everything :) We splurged a little on this dinner thanks to a gift card I'd received at work for Administrative Professionals Day, thanks work!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

sounds fabulous! way to go Brody, seriously so awesome!

Ali said...

Congrats, Brody! Sounds like it's going to be a great summer.

Nancy said...

Good job you two ... can't believe you've been away 1 year already. I am so proud of both of you!! All the girls have been reading your blog ... they love it too!! Thanks for keeping us informed!! love you so much!! xoxo