10.16.2012

Hard

I love this quote. Love it. And I repeat it to myself more than I'd like to admit.  Particularly when I'm indulging in feeling sorry for myself. But that Jimmy Doogan knew what he was talking about.  The best things in life, the most rewarding, are always hard. They test you. Your patience, your faith, your will.  But we reap what we sow, good or bad.  And let's be honest, the "hard" is the point.  That's why it's worth accomplishing.  There's no gratification in being handed something on a silver platter even though it seems tempting.

Sorry this is kind of vague and ambiguous, things are good around here. The leaves are just finally starting to change and we're toying with the idea of a little jaunt to Monticello one of these weekends to really see the colors!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I completely agree. The hard path is so much more gratifying when you reach the end, but it is so much more daunting to face...