10.26.2012

Things I Will Never Understand

First and foremost, Happy Friday all!!!

I don't know about you, but I'm really glad the weekend is finally upon us and that this election will be over in a few weeks!!!  Although I'm nervous that it's going to be so close that there is going to be weeks of re-counts and further contention, a la Bush v Gore...

Anywho, here are some of life's most mystifying questions to start your day...

How is Donald Trump a billionaire?  This completely moronic tool is proof that in the business world, schmooze and jargin are often more important that actual smarts.

How airlines determine flight costs.  It changes practically every day.  Wednesdays are the cheapest day to buy airfare.  Why????  Because some bigshot over at the airline company, got together with some bigshot over at the FAA and decided to rip off the American public.  Because they think the American public is a bunch of trusting nit-wits who will pay for everything they don't need rather than make a stink.  Well they're not ripping of this nitwit anymore because I'm not paying for one more thing I don't need.  George Banks is saying NO!

Government contractors.  Before moving to DC I had no idea just how much money our government throws away every year to government contractors.  Look into it.  You will be sick to your stomach.

Twitter.  Let's all be honest and admit that people's status updates are by far and away the most annoying part of Facebook, so I just don't understand the appeal of twitter.  It's basically just status updates...that's it.  I don't get it.

Floral pants.  I just can't get on board with this trend.  It looks cute on some, but it's the kind of thing that your kids will see photos of you wearing in 20 years and laugh about with their friends.  Or like the pictures I see of myself in college wearing ironic graphic tees...

Those Bing commercials.  Just no.  No one likes Bing.  Stop trying to make Bing happen.  No one is really picking Bing over Google.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! I just had the best flash back of Steve Martin pulling hot dog buns out if the bag! His fingers looked funny when he did it. Funny in the way that I wanted to recreate it. I always heard Tuesday was the cheapest to buy airfare. I have been lied to! Oh and Donald Trump...... Another man taking credit for making more money from his daddy's money. Brilliant.... Thought about you at the Goonies house! Heart you!

Lani said...

Ok hillarious! I love that show and yes they will continue to rip you off because they can :( and I do love the passion for how much you dislike bing and yes twitter seems extremely pathetic and lame! I agree the only people who should wear floral pants are those too young to vote because they can. Love ya sister!

blair said...

You make me laugh. My favorite was your Bing comment. You are right, no one is picking Bing over google.

Kat said...

I searched for something the other day and it asked if I wanted to take the Bing challenge, I accepted. Google won every round. That is all.