12.03.2012

Getting Handy


Brody has been in the throws of studying for finals, so naturally he's been studying 10+ hours a day, (poor little lamb).  So I've done my best to stay busy in the meantime.  Over the Thanksgiving break, in addition to cooking our own little feast, I got handy and cleaned and re-stained our bathroom grout, then removed and replaced the caulk around the tub. I felt very Ron Swanson, but coming from a family with no brothers and a very meat-and-potatoes Mr. Fix-it father, it was only a matter of time before those genes kicked in. It was actually kind of fun and a lot easier than I'd thought. Normally, we would have just asked our Landlord to take care of it, but since they didn't raise our rent at the one-year mark, we didn't want to give them any reason to--so we went the DIY route.  Here is the before and after:



I've put up our two Christmas decorations; our cute little tabletop tree and homemade advent calendar (that is a total homage to my childhood).  I love it.   And we are just counting down the days until finals are done and we get to fly home for the holidays--only a few weeks!

I hope you're enjoying the snow :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't caulk fun?! One of my faves! Cleaning grout.... No.... I hate that!

Lani said...

Wow that looks amazing! I also busted out my advent calendar and the boys love puting the ornaments on the tree.

Lacey said...

cute tree linds! and way to go with the bath tub, looks awesome! dad would be proud! we can't wait for you to get here! I told Halle you and Brody you were going to be here for Christmas and she said, "YAY!!!" it was cute, then she told me she had a dream about you and that you had really long hair.

Kathy said...

Wow, I am so impressed. Colin had to caulk our tub and it looks horrible compared to yours, and he is in the construction business. Seriously good job.