1.23.2014

Feeling George Banksy


I don't understand why it's so difficult/almost impossible to buy a two-sided mattress. You know, the kind you can flip--the ones that last twice as long as the stupid one-sided pillow-top crap they make now almost exclusively. The thing is, the hotel industry won't put up with that so retailers will sell the two-sided mattresses to them, while giving you and me the salesman BS about how mattresses are designed nowadays not to need to be flipped....blah blah blah... yeah right.  We all know exactly what is going on. The shady mattress people have a monopoly on two-sided mattresses, so they only sell us the one-sided junk so we have to buy them twice as often. It's the same attitude that almost completely bankrupted the american auto industry.

I've been searching high and low for a good deal on a double-sided mattress and I think my only option is going to be to buy it online. Is that completely insane?? I've checked every store I can think of in the DC metro area and the only ones that sell a double-sided mattress are Sams Club (but they only sell them as a two-pack, because, again, they are selling them to hotels) or Bloomingdales, which would cost triple what we would pay almost anywhere else.

Out of principle, and not wanting to be a complete sucker, I refuse to buy a one-sided mattress. George Banks is saying NO!

Wish me luck.

*This whole flooding fiasco has apparently aged me about fifty years and turned me into a super cynical old maid

1 comment:

Lani said...

Ha ha ha best movie ever! Um I'm pretty sure you were always an "old maid" jk I know it is truly the worst thing in the world. I don't think it's crazy to buy a mattress online as long as it is "firm" not plush then I think you should be fine. Just make sure you know the "return" policy.