5.05.2014

Home Stretch - 38 Weeks




















We're in the home stretch now! We installed the car seat over the weekend and worked on our finalists as far as names go. I have a hard enough time deciding what I want to eat for lunch so trying to decide what our child is going to be called for the rest of her life is a lot to handle. I think I had my first experience in false labor last week, so that was fun. I was just feeling off and had some noticeably different back aches happening for most of an afternoon and I made the mistake of reading online what those could mean and surely enough every website was confirming that each of my symptoms was a sign of early labor. But alas, it was a false alarm.

Brody took what I hope are my last baby bump update pictures on Sunday. We are both just ready to meet this little one! I'm really hoping she comes in the next week or so, so that we have some time to recover and such before Brody's graduation on the 18th. I really want him to be able to go, and I really don't want our parents to have to spend any of their time in DC (they are both coming out for the graduation and baby) waiting around at the hospital.  Again, the whole being totally out of my control as far as when she is coming thing is just not working for me :) But, all of my sisters have been early on all of their pregnancies so I'm hoping that's a good indication that she will be here sooner than later. Come on genetics!

I'm also just ready to say goodbye to my lovely cankles which make regular appearances at the end of every workday. And as much as I love having my lungs, stomach, and bladder completely smashed by baby girl, I think my body is just kind of over this whole thing. As miraculous and incredible as it is (and it really is, I'm not being sarcastic there) it's time for the next phase. Plus, our landlords just had their baby (she was about a week over her due date) and the little boy was 10 lbs 8 ounces. Ten pounds!? That is not what I want to be hearing about right now haha. So send your healthy/early delivery vibes our way please :)


2 comments:

Lani said...

She is so cute! I love the pictures! I love that it is literally any day now that is so fun and I love what a control freak you are because I am the same way I like things planned and organized. This will be a fun surprise though so yay! The good thing about it is that there are usually some signs and such that it is coming soon so I guess that is something! I love you sister and I am so excited for you guys!

Kat said...

So exciting!!!