8.07.2010

2 years later...



Brody and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Saturday by treating ourselves to dinner at La Caille. My boss had given me a gift certificate a few weeks back so we decided if we were ever going to go, now was the time. It was such a lovely evening, the grounds there are absolutely breathtaking (hence all the pictures) and the food was delicious as well.








Our meal started with a a delicious bread basket with 'ruse bouche' and small sampling of cucumber wrapped smoked duck. I had a beet salad with goat cheese and arugula and Brody had a crab salad with grapefruit and avocado. Then, I enjoyed Chicken Piccota with sun-dried tomatoes and capers and mashed potatoes and roasted veggies while Brody devoured a rib-eye steak. For desert we shared a trio of desert samplings; creme brulee, chocolate Chantilly cake and my personal favorite-a traditional french brioche with creamy dipping sauce. It was divine.







Following dinner we strolled the grounds and took some more pictures. It was so beautiful and very romantic. We ended the evening with a breathtaking sunset.












I can't believe it's been two years. They've flown by and I wouldn't change a thing!



2 comments:

Lacey said...

umm that looks so good! russ got a gift certificate there too! i must go! yum! and the pictures of the grounds are gorgeous!

Kat said...

ho. you are killing me. i love seeing all these super cute pictures, but you keep forgetting the ones of your sweet new apartment. you should probably get on that. thanks.