1.31.2011

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold



The Greatest Movie Ever Sold is the Sundance movie I got to see last Saturday. My boss got me tickets to a Sundance movie again this year as a Christmas present/thank you and after being psychologically scarred by Blue Valentine last year (you know that movie that came out recently with an NC-17 rating!!!) I played it safe and chose a documentary. Brody had to work that night so I took Lacey, and after a heated confrontation with the power-trippy Sundance volunteer guy, we sat back to enjoy the movie at the Rose Wagner theater downtown. And loved it!

The film is a documentary about product placement, by Morgan Spurlock (the same guy that did Supersize Me). If I had to some up the movie in one word--cheeky. It was so much funnier than I thought a documentary could be, while still maintaining it's credibility. It was clever, informative, eye-opening and surprisingly hilarious. In the Q&A afterwords the editor said that it had been bought by Sony a couple of days before the film festival and should be released in the spring so look for it.

phew...all this blogging has left me parched. I could really use some POM Wonderful...

this will be a lot funnier once you've seen the movie

1 comment:

Lacey said...

lol cute linds! perfect description of the movie! thanks for lunch too! it was fun!