1.19.2011

Ina-spiration



So my title struggles. But I just had to gush about Ina Garten's kitchen, the 2009 House Beautiful Kitchen of the Year winner. You can see all the gorgeous pictures here. But these are a few of my faves.






I just love how clean, fresh and timeless everything feels. I'm very big on timeless. (although I'm not a fan of the cabinetry hardware, it's a little to modern/trendy for my taste)

And the crowing jewel, this impeccable dining room. I LUST it. I love the cream slipcovers, I love the wall color, I love LOVE the orange tulips, and I can't get enough of the natural light from the countless french doors. I have had strong feelings about that salvage pedestal table for quite some time. I may or may not go to my local Restoration Hardware regularly just to sit and revel in it's rustic goodness.

In fact, it was on one of these visits that I actually had my first Phil Dunfey sighting. Really. I was just browsing around Restoration Hardware, daydreaming, when I see this guy dressed to the nines. I was just thinking to myself, "geez buddy take it down a notch..." when I looked at his face and there he was. Phil. The cool dad, who knows all the dances to high school musical, and all the latest slang, wtf (why the face?). But I totally chickened out and didn't ask for a picture with him. Very unlike my usual nature, but it was just so quiet in there and I didn't want to bother him. But it's still a sighting and it's all thanks to this gorgeous table.

2 comments:

jenna said...

i worship ina. and her kitchen, just takes it to a whole new level for me.

Lacey said...

so beautiful, i think the lighting makes a huge difference! i still can't believe you didn't say anything to "phil" oh well, next time. :)