2.24.2011

Canvas



"We are both so lucky to have grown up on catalogs." - Parker Posey, Best in Show


If your childhood was anything like mine, than on any given day you were sure to find a hoard of catalogs ranging from JC Penney to J. Crew, Sears to Pottery Barn, and Better Homes and Garden to Martha Stewart Living arriving in the mail for your mom on a daily basis. To this day, there is a nice little stash of catalogs in my parent's home that I occasionally peruse when I'm over there.

However, I rarely ever buy anything online, let alone from a catalog. In fact I can say with gusto that I have never called and orderd anything from a catalog. I'm Gen Y after all... but it's always fun to look. Having said that, Land's End was always among the myriad of catalogs that my mother received. Their clothes have always been traditional and classic, but habitually....stale. So I was delightfully surprised when I recently stumbled upon their revitalized offshoot, Canvas. It's mantra is classic looks, modern twists which is right up my alley. I've included some of my favorite pieces/looks below. Enjoy!

\
Women's Nautical Sweater Jacket / Slim Leg Cropped Chino

Women's Madras Skirt

Women's Eyelet Shift Dress

Women's Pleated Pattern Skirt / Canvas Washed Tote

Women's Patch Pocket Skirt /Canvas Leather-trim Bucket Tote

Women's Boatneck Sailor Dress / Nautical Rope Belt

Women's Seersuck Pintuck Shirt / Leather Hobo

Women's Gingham Poplin Shirt / Slim Stretch Crop Pants / Nautical Tote

Women's Chambray Shirtdress / Ragtop Tote

Women's Pleated Tartain Shirtdress / Canvas Bucket Bag

3 comments:

Kat said...

oh i kindof love the striped dress with the rope belt, even more than the ralph lauren one we saw. so cute.

Lacey said...

Wow, go lands end! Love it especially the sweater in the beginning and the pocket skirt look super cute!
So happy you are getting your money back!

Lindsey said...

Lace I'm a little disappointed you didn't comment on my Best In Show quote

"Is this LL Bean? Let me just check that..."