3.17.2011

Katniss

I was driving home from work today and they had a little teaser on the radio saying that Katniss Everdeen had been cast in the big-screen adaptation of The Hunger Games which is supposed to come out March 2012.

And the lucky lady is ...... Jennifer Lawrence . I haven't seen Winter's Bone, but she was good enough to be nominated for an Oscar for it. Other than that I really don't know much about her. Author, Suzanne Collins, has given her blessing to the casting saying "Jennifer's just an incredible actress, so powerful, vulnerable, beautiful, unforgiving and brave. I never thought we'd find somebody this perfect for the role. And I can't wait for everyone to see her play it."

I hope she can pull it off! The first book is by far my favorite.

3 comments:

Brett and Rachel said...

Ooo, so excited for this movie! I don't really know who she is either, but she kinda looks like the Katniss I had in my mind, so that always helps. Thanks for the info! Can't wait!

Chad and Clair said...

I can't wait! And the first was by far my favorite too!

Lani said...

I hope the movie is as good as the book, I mean they usually aren't but here's hoping. She seems tough enough I was just thinking of someone with darker hair I guess but oh well.