3.23.2011

Working Staycation


Last weekend was busy. Friday was Brody's sister's wedding (yay congratulations!), then Saturday we had a prospective student's and Alumni of GW Law at the Grand America (which was very informative and interesting), then Sunday I had to give a talk in Sacrament. So it wasn't exactly a relaxing weekend...

Luckily, my work was having a Board Meeting at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City on Tuesday and Wednesday and I was appointed the on-site coordinator. So, Brody and I got to stay in one of their suites last night for free and I won't lie it was very nice to sleep in a King, with Egyptian cotton sheets, heated pool and jacuzzi, and a fireplace in our room. And you better believe we enjoyed the cable ( I may have watched What Not to Wear on the bathroom TV while I showered. yeah. a TV in the bathroom!) because we haven't had cable for almost a year to save money.

Of course, I couldn't completely relax because I was still working, but it was just nice to have a little staycation (even though I honestly don't like that term at all) since we haven't been on an actual vacation in almost 2 years. Thanks work!

2 comments:

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

oh man that sounds like a little slice of fun at least! I feel ya with the no cable we just have basic which is basically 2-15 and then discovery and travel channel. Needless to say I have been watching a lot of the history channel. Are you guys coming up on sunday?

Lacey said...

oh linds, that sounds so nice! and hello a tv in the bathroom, unreal.