1.30.2012

Fantasyland Friday: The Dining Room

Okay so it's actually Monday, but all the more reason to escape to fantasyland right?

Some of my favorite memories from holidays and birthdays are of conversations and meals at my parent's giant oak dining table. Call me a traditionalist, but I still love the idea of a formal dining room. No TV in the background, no distractions, just delicious food and fantastic conversations.
I've had an unhealthy crush on this salvage wood pedestal table from Restoration Hardware for a while. I've even blogged about it before... I definitely want a pedestal table (no legs to have to maneuver around and can seat more people if needed), some oversized drum shades or lantern pendants, and taller wing-backs at the heads of the table. I would love to have upholstered chairs, with easy-wash and no-iron slipcovers of course :) Why upholstered? Well, it really comes down to my chipped tailbone, which I got from razoring down the gully by my parents house in high school with my friends. As anyone who's seen it can attest, it's super steep--we were pretty smart.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love that dining room with the arched entry way and blue walls. Lovely. As is that green chair. Good picks ho.