4.23.2012

Lately

I got my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday afternoon. I only had two uppers, and after they numbed me (which was by far the worst part), the procedure took about 5 minutes.  I was shocked how quick and easy it was. And how easy the 'recovery' has been. I've just been on some prescription-strength ibuprofen and haven't  had any swelling, thankfully. But I spent the weekend eating lots of oatmeal and trying not to laugh. It felt more like I'd been punched in the jaw than any pain in my gums.

Brody is in the thick of studying for finals, (his first test is tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed for him), which means he has been studying about 12-13 hours a day for the last week or two, getting home around midnight every night, usually ending with a well-deserved back rub from me. I can't believe his first year is practically over, it's flown by!


I've been trying to stay busy, cleaning up around the apartment and working on some personal projects. And of course, playing with friends. I met up with Patricia the other week at the Pentagon City metro and we dined al fresco on some delicious Turkish dishes.  The pita bread was divine and we each got a little traditional mezza sampler so we could try a bunch of different dishes.  Afterwards we may have stopped by DSW, (I didn't realize how great Pentagon City's shopping is).  It was so fun to see her and catch up on the latest and greatest.  I just love her.




Last week, I met up with April and Sara at the National Portrait Gallery last week to do our April VT and celebrate Sara's birthday.  It was my first time at this Smithsonian, (although I'd walked by several times) and it was, of course, amazing. There are so many gorgeous pieces, including a portrait of Joseph Smith, which currently has a desirable slot on the first floor just off the main entrance.  The second and third floors also house plenty of non-portraiture pieces and I couldn't help taking pictures of some of my favorites.  The Third floor, although surprisingly hard to get to, may have been my favorite.  There is a section towards the end that literally looks like a library of paintings. Row upon row, with shelves and shelves of paintings galore.






I had to snap a picture with an original Warhol of Marilyn (and yes, I felt as awkward as I look), while April and Sara posed with Katharine Hepburn's oscars (her portrait is int he background as well).  Afterwards we bought Sara a cupcake at Red Velvet and wandered around Chinatown.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oh! I wish I was there with you guys for a VT outing. Looks so fun, tell them both hi from me

Lani said...

um let me just say, I am so jealous of you! I love the art work I need to get out there.