4.01.2012

What is This "Parking Lot" You Speak Of...?


Huge parking spaces.....they're everywhere!!! And they're FREE?!?!  So it had been a while since Brody and I had been to a suburb and I must say, I really took parking lots for granted all my life.  Imagine, I used to be annoyed about a space being "far away" from a store entrance.  On Saturday, after NOT winning the lottery, Brody and I had a wonderful day date, we started off  by venturing out to Falls Church, VA for some much-needed Cafe Rio.  It's located in a mini mall right next to a Target...the perfect combo.  After gorging ourselves on pork barbacoa and tomatillo ranch we frolicked through Target (I may have even quoted Elaine on Seinfeld's "wide lanes...how luxurious!" while fishtailing my cart through the abnormally spacious aisles), loading up on toiletries and essentials.  I'd forgotten just how ridiculously overpriced CVS is.  I wish I was exaggerating about how nice and spacious everything felt...but I'm really not.  After Target, we headed over to a movie theater in Arlington to catch a matinee of Hunger Games, a steal at $10 a ticket. For a matinee.  Yeah.

Nevertheless it was a wonderful spring day with my sweetheart, and I actually really liked the movie for the most part. I felt it was one of the better book-to-movie conversions, and I loved the cast especially.  And on Sunday we took one of Brody's old converts to the first session of conference at one of the chapels.  She lives near the Basilica, which looked beautiful, gleaming in the bright spring sunshine.  The whole city seems to be in bloom, all in all, it was a lovely weekend!

 

7 comments:

Kat said...

haha I love that you guys actually bought tickets. The pictures are great too :)

Kathy said...

so glad we weren't the only ones who hoped to win mega millions. and i could not be more jealous of your cafe rio.

Lani said...

Ah wide lanes so funny! I know I really thought you were going to win the mega millions too, bummer. Sounded like a good weekend I am glad you went to the Games in the theater. I love you sister!

Lani said...

I just wanted to say it took me three trys to type the security words...am I a robot?

Lacey said...

ha ha, i wide lanes. sounds like such a fun weekend. and your pictures are so pretty.

Ali said...

Oh my gosh, I love that Falls Church Cafe Rio. It was fun to go with you guys that one time. So jealous of the beautiful DC weather. I love wandering that city in beautiful spring weather. Bottle it up for me and ship it ASAP.

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.