6.12.2012

Skills for Life


















I instagrammed this the other day, but it was too good not to share on the blog.  This was Brody's parallel parking job on Saturday (which was the day of the Pride parade in DC, which naturally happens in our neighborhood so parking was very slim even by DC standards and we were ecstatic to see an open spot).  Both of those cars were there first. It was incredible.

I will say we have both improved our parallel parking skills immensely over the last year, I may have even pulled a left-side-of-street parallel job tonight on my first try. 

It's getting hot and humid....we have yet to turn on our A/C units and are seeing how long we can go, (we'll see if I can even make it to the end of this post as it's 9:30 pm and still 80 degrees outside).  The humdity and heat combo is getting to the point where it's necessary to always have a hair elastic in my purse, it's really more of courtesy to those around me :)



It rained the other night when we were dropping off our rent check and it was pretty fun to splash in the puddles in my wellies.




And these are a few pictures from one of our last tutoring sessions.  We were released from that calling on Sunday so we can both just focus on our other callings in the ward, but I must admit I was a little sad.  These two are some of my favorite boys and drew me a little flower, so sweet!  We will really miss this calling next year.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is seriously so impressive.....

Kat said...

I didn't know you guys got released! Makes sense now that I think about it though haha, glad you are leaving the calling with warm fuzzies- thats always the best way to go

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

Atta boy Brody, did ya give em a little tap tap taperoo. Sorry that was random but seriously that is really close. What cute little buggers that you worked with for your calling! Miss you guys love you guys have fun spashing in puddles!

Lindsey said...

there may have been a little tappy tap haha, but it's pretty standard here