3.21.2013

Dolcezza


















And the deliciousness continues...

Oh Gelato. I remember the first time I ever tried Gelato was in DC while on my high school's concert choir trip, I think we were in a Smithsonian.  And it's so great for so many reasons, not the least of these being that it has half the fat and calories of regular ice cream. So when some friends suggesting going to Dolcezza, a lovely little Gelato shop in Dupont, of course I said yes.  Let me just list off some of the flavors for you: Avacado Honey Orange, Bananas Foster, Blood Orange, Meyer Lemon Vodka, Perrydell Brown Butter, Postachio Siciliano, Chocolate Rocher, and my favorite, Thai Coconut Milk. And there were a bunch of others, but I ended up getting the Thai Coconut Milk and Niccolattia (sp?) it was a delicious chocolatey hazelnut flavor. It will be the perfect respite during the hot, muggy summer months in the city.

3 comments:

Adrien said...

this sounds so amazing...

Kat said...

Stop with the delicious food posts! It is making me jealous that I am not strolling the streets eating pizza as big as my head while simultaneously eating pistachio gelato. I have to come out and visit. Have to.

Lacey said...

oh yes, i love gelato! we got some every day we were in hawaii. i would always get the chocolate banana hazelnut and the coconut. so kind of similar to yours. so yummy!!!