3.18.2013

Things That Must Go



















A few things that really must go:
  • Will Smith's spawn. Stop trying to force your children on us (i.e. After Earth
  • Taylor Swift. I think the problem might be you honey.  Just a hunch.
  • Politicians. Words like loathe, despise, and hate just don't quite cover how I feel about them all.
  • North Korea's crazy anti-American propaganda.  Watch this bizarre video to see what I mean
  • "Street Cleaning" in DC.  It's started again...
  • The fact that even though I got a raise for 2013, my paychecks are smaller this year because of tax increases. Thanks Congress/Obama. Oh and thanks for voting to give yourselves a pay increase despite the massive debt and you all (Congress) having the one of worst approval ratings ever. You're the best!
  • Google Reader will not be available after July.  Not okay Google, not okay.
  • Speed Cameras.  We found out that DC made over $85 million last year from tickets from traffic cameras and because it was such a success, they are installing 160 more around the city. Yipeee! (We've actually never gotten a ticket from one of these, but it's comforting to know they are out there in force.)
And because I would hate to have purely negative things on here, here are some good things too
  • Loving our Turkish towels
  • Spring is right around the corner, the cherry blossoms are due at the end of this month!
  • The fact that it's still light outside when I get off work at 6
  • Eastern Market. I know, I know I've already dedicated an entire post to it, but I'm head over heels.
  • Amazon. It's just the only way to go sometimes (most of the time), and getting packages in the mail is like a mini Christmas morning.
  • The fact that we got a snow day recently and it wasn't snowing in DC at all. It was pretty amazing/pathetic.
  • We are going to the Outerbanks  in May and cannot wait!!! I can't remember the last time we had a beach vacation.  I've been making a mental list of all the stuff to do and see and places to eat and play tennis and our hotel is right on the beach and I can't wait!
  • Getting to watch Back to the Future with Brody the other day.  Somehow he'd never seen it before and it was like watching it for the first time through his eyes.  Plus, the references to the future are pretty funny considering 2015 is only two years away. Two years until flying cars and hoverboards. Can't wait!
  • Pitch Perfect. It's so good. And any movie that does an ode to The Breakfast Club is obviously in my good graces.
  • Brody got into GW's criminal law clinic for next year! He's pretty amazing.
  • My grey booties from Target (pictured above). I love them. They are so cute and so comfy. I highly recommend.

5 comments:

Bone said...

How did your taxes increase? Obama/congress only raised taxes on people earning over $400,000.

Lindsey said...

The 'payroll' tax increased to 6.2% as part of the fiscal cliff deal, up from 4.2% in 2011 and 2012. And that applies to all income levels. We will probably be paying a little over a $1,000 more this year in taxes than last year.

Chad & Clair said...

I agree with everything but Taylor Swift :-) I'm Sure Katherine would agree fully with you though! I was in utah for a few days last week and ate Cafe Rio twice and was in heaven and thought of all you girls! Miss you. Maybe I can see you sometime in the next 5 years?

Kat said...

Haha you are so right Clair :) Oh Taylor, she is a mess. I feel a melt down happening soon...wait isn't that what every song of hers is, a mini mental breakdown? Love your booties though ho, and can't wait to see pictures of the beach!

Lacey said...

i love them all, i need to add some things that need to go, but i can't remember them right now. (mom brain)