8.16.2013

Summer Storms and Baseball Games
















This week one of my oldest friends was in town with her husband to celebrate his recent graduation.  We met up with them for dinner at The Hamilton, one of our favorites, and it was so fun to catch up and spend time with them.  There are some friends that you just go so far back with that no matter how long it's been or where your lives have taken you it's still the same when you see each other :)  After dinner we walked over to the White House and then got caught in a serious downpour.  Normally I'm vigilant about carrying an umbrella and of course, the one night I forget, we get dumped on.  It was kind of fun for them so see just how crazy the summer storms can be--you literally look like someone poured a bucket of water over your head.

The next night Brody and I went to my first Nationals game.  We'd bought a Groupon back at the beginning of summer and it was such a fun night.   The weather has been incredible lately and that night it was  low 70's/upper 60's perfection! Brody had been wanting to see their new stadium, it is in the southwest near the waterfront and has a beautiful view of the Capitol.  I'm not a huge baseball person but actually going to games are always fun.  This was my first MLB game and I loved it! The Nats even won, beating the Giants 6-5


No comments: