12.01.2015

A Puffy and Pregnant Halloween

I had to ride Lacey's brilliant pregnant-costume coattails and borrow her Ghostbusters costumes for us this year. Brody was Venkman, I was the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man, and Cadie was Slimer.  I think a lot of people just thought I was a sailor, but for those who made the connection, I think they really appreciated it :)  Plus I don't think there's ever been a more apropos costume for me than 'stay puft' in all my water-retaining glory, and I feel like I deserve some kind of gold star from the universe for voluntarily wearing men's white sweatpants in public at 8 months pregnant.

We felt like Cadie was still a little too young to go trick-or-treating (we didn't want to be those parents that just use their kids for free candy---there will be plenty of time for that next year), so we just had dinner at the ward Halloween party and then spent the night at Brody's parents.  I just love Halloween and having a babe has opened up all kinds of wonderful group costume possibilities :)


No comments: