3.01.2010

Go USA!


Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE the Olympics. Yep, I am one of those people. Summer or Winter, I don't care I love them both! Brody thinks they are a complete sham and are totally about money and commercialized, and blah blah blah.

He's wrong.

... at least I choose to think he is

I love getting swept up in the emotion, the theatrics, the athleticism and oh the drama! I have so many memories of growing up watching the Olympics with my family. I can still remember where I was that fateful moment that Kerri Strug landed her amazing vault on her broken ankle. I can still see the miraculous finish by the US men's swimming relay team in Bejing, and of course, I remember the heartbreak when Michelle Kwan got silver at her final games and the graceful sadness of her routine to "fields of gold" in the exhibition afterward, and of course living in a host city in 2002 didn't hurt either...




Needless to say I have had a great time watching the Vancouver games. This was the first time the US had ever won the medal count, and I couldn't be more proud. I was so impressed by the way the American athletes conducted themselves both in their competitions and the media (unlike some, cough* Plushenko, cough*) There were some incredible performances, some failures, some controversy, a horrible tragedy and plenty of emotion to last me until 2012. Thank you world for another memorable games! I'm already excited for London!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

i would love to just copy your post and put it on my blog. i seriously LOVE the olympics and am so sad they are over. but like you said i can't wait for 2012! we need to hang out soon, lunch?

Lani said...

Hey sisters I feel the same way! Vancouver did a great job I loved their closing ceremonies how funny, those Canadians are full of great comedians. I can't wait till 2012 and unlike Brody Kevin is gaga for the olympics as well and a nut about the U.S.A! Go team!