3.03.2010

New Neighbor

First let me just say that if you haven't been watching Modern Family (Wednesdays 8:00 pm MST on abc) you seriously need to start. It's AMAZING. Honestly one of the greatest shows in a long time. It's kind of an Arrested Development meets The Office (when it was actually funny).

If you have been watching it, then you know that Phil (played by Ty Burrell) is one of the funniest characters on the show. Some friends of ours have even said he reminds them of a certain member of my family so he holds a special place in my heart... That being said, you can imagine how excited I was when I found out he lives in Sandy.

Sandy, Utah.

Minutes away.

If you need the proof, by all means read this Salt Lake Tribune article about it. Apparently he and his family weren't fans of the L.A. lifestyle (gag me, who can blame them) and both love living in Utah.

"Utah is an amazing place for getting in and out of L.A.

Burrell is so in love with the state's scenic beauty that he serves on the board of Grand Canyon Trust. He was turned on to the cause by friend and fellow actor Edward Norton ("Fight Club").

"It's just so different to me from L.A.," Burrell said. "Utah to me is like the west I always imagined. In 10 minutes, we can be out into land that I only dreamed about. It's just so open and optimistic."

How fun is that?! I might have to dust off my celebustalking skills from Sundance and snap a pic with my tv-version husband!

If you need more convincing to start watching this amazing show, try this little clip on for size. So good.

**Edit - He lives in the Avenues...I may or may not know his address and phone number now...

3 comments:

Lacey said...

so good and so cool that he lives here . . . i come with you to meet him!

Unknown said...

Umm.... Take me with you!!! No doubt in my mind you will find him!

Lani said...

Yes it is seriously hillarious! Also you should watch the marriage ref which is totally hillarious. I saw previews for it and thought oh well that will be the funniest things they say but honeslty I was crying I was laughing so hard, I love the host. Great show and it is on after the office I beleive. check it out!