12.29.2011

Merry Happy

Christmas was so fun, different, and exciting this year. We were home for eight crazy nights, four at my parent's house and four at Brody's and it went by way too quickly, but it was SO great to see so many friends and spend time with our families.

It felt so weird to go home for 'vacation' knowing that we weren't staying. There were moments where it felt like we had never left and were just getting together with everyone for the latest family get together---like the last five months had never happened. To see mountains again and the beautiful, sprawling, Salt Lake valley. To see snow, even if it was only one day in Park City. And oh how I've missed my outlets, one of the definite highlights of the whole trip was going up there, just me and my mom. You know when you walk into J Crew and it's an extra %30 off your entire purchase that it's going to be a good day :) I saw more movies in the theater last week than I had the entire previous year, and for the first time in longer than I can remember, the six Wiseman's got to spend the day together and it was so familiar and fun. There were lunches with old friends and co-workers, late night chats with my girlies, Wii Dancing competitions, Board Games, Red Butte with my sweet parents, Zupa's tomato basil soup, and not nearly enough play time with our nieces and nephews.

It was so hard to leave, and not just because we had to wake up at 4:00 am to make it to the airport for our flight (which was super crowded and the line for security was backed up all the way to the baggage claim area). There's just something special about being home, being around the people that know us best that was so rejuvenating and absolutely wonderful. Thank you friends and family for making our Christmas so memorable and perfect :)


I was having far too much fun to take any pictures, so these are all from last year's Christmas card session ;) I hope your Christmas was meaningful and special, and that you have a great New Year's Eve!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

we loved having you here and were sad to see you go. we went up to mom and dad's for new years eve Halle asked if laina and those kids would be there, i told her no, then she said, but we will see lindsey! i had to tell her you were gone. it was sad for both of us. love you and miss you!