12.05.2011

A Taste of Home

Brody and I were both thrilled when we first heard that there were Cafe Rio's on the east coast. It's a little sad, sure, but true none-the-less. The closest one used to be about a 45-minute trip to Olney, MD, do-able... but not ideal. So you can imagine our excitement when we saw that they had opened one in Falls Church, VA--which according to Google Maps is only a 14-minute drive from our apartment. So on Saturday we met up with Ali and Brian and went.


It was like stepping into some portal that took us back to Utah. The restaurant was crowded with lots of young families, BYU hats and sweatshirts peppered the patrons, and of course the food was just as fantastic as always. It was kind of surreal and was a great little taste of home. Plus, check out the sweet deal they have on Tuesdays...I don't remember seeing that sweet deal ever...

On our way home we stopped at the Iwa Jima memorial to take some pictures for Ali and Brian's Christmas card. It's one of my favorite sites in DC, and has arguably the best view in the whole District. Not too mention that it's usually a lot less crowded than most memorials which is always a major plus.

2 comments:

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

Oh I am so glad you had a little taste of home away from home. I love you sister and I haven't seen your Christmas card the parents forgot to bring them to Crew's birthday party. Anyway I updated my blog with a few pictures from the party.

Lacey said...

yay for cafe rio! and yeah they need to get that deal gong here! i loved Iwa Jima! my favorite for sure!