7.16.2012

1 year




I loved these Pinterest finds, and really the second quote is only relavant to this post for the line about the lightbulb.

Our 1-year mark of living in Washington passed us by a couple of weeks ago.  It's been such an experience so far.  I've learned a lot in the past year. A LOT.  Not academically speaking, but life-experience speaking.  There have been moments of elation and moments of complete frustration.  A lot of "ah-hah" moments, and lots of "why?" moments.  It took a while, but we definitely don't feel like we are just here on vacation anymore...it really felt that way for a few months.  Our neighborhood has become all-too familiar and when I step off the Dupont metro escalator, I feel home.  I get that comfort-zone feeling of I know this place.

I can actually give people correct directions when then ask me to point them to a metro or street. (I get asked for directions all the time. Like, weirdly frequently.)  I'm totally comfortable at work now, and Brody is approaching his second year in school.  We are no longer "freshman", if you will, in this big city and it's a nice feeling.  We're looking forward to an equally memorable and educational Sophomore year, which let's face it, are usually pretty awesome (Linds, that was for you)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sophomore years change my life! Let's scooter down the gulley! Love the let's be adventurers! I want to come see you in your DC environment!

Lacey said...

i can and can't believe it has been a year, crazy. I am jealous of your moving away adventure. i think it is so good for you as a person to have to learn to adapt and trust in yourself to do things on your own. love you sis and am so proud of you!

Lani said...

Yay sophomore year is the best! I know you are kicking butt and taking names and I am excited for the adventures to come.