11.05.2012

Something in the Air

There is a buzz in the air over here.  We're so close! Everyone at work is prepping their talking points and post-election analysis (two versions of course), and we even spent a good 10 minutes during our monday morning meeting today going over how best to live-tweet the election (I'm not kidding).

I just looked up where I can vote tomorrow morning and I'm actually excited, (and not just for the political ads to stop), I'm excited because I actually feel like an informed citizen, exercising that precious right to vote.  I'll be honest and say that I've never been into politics and in the past, haven't done much more than speak to my friends and family in terms of educating myself on the issues.  However, since moving to DC and being constantly inundated with all-things politics and government, I actually feel like an informed voter.  And even though I kind of wish we lived in Virginia right now (for the swing-state vote obviously), and even though I'm still a cynic when it comes to politicians, I'm excited to vote tomorrow and see how it all turns out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This makes me want to sing the song from Mary Poppins.... And vote.... Makes me want to vote! Heart you!