2.04.2013

Still Alive

Sorry for the lack of posts, but we've both been sickies over here. I'm pretty sure I had the flu because it completely knocked me out the weekend before this past one--I was in bed from Friday night to Monday night, feeling like a 900-year-old woman with brittle bones, a sore throat, and congestion. Brody has had a sporatic cough since around Christmas that had just been dry and wheezy that recently turned not so dry. On top of that, he had nine job interviews on Saturday, and I was co-hosting a baby shower that morning.  So it's been lots of fun lately, but I think we are finally on the mend :)

The Super Bowl was quite entertaining since we were rooting for different teams.  Normally, my interest in  is more attuned to the ads than the game itself.  This year, however, I had a weirdly personal interest, (which was particularly good timing, seeing how underwhelming the ads were).  I went to high school with Haloti Ngata and was in the dorms with Dennis Pitta at BYU.  Both of whom actually played yesterday for the Ravens.  It was weird.  And Brody has been a 49ers fan since the days of Steve Young so he was a little upset at the refs in that last quarter but took the defeat in stride.

Meanwhile I've been daydreaming about spring and summer and scheming to plan an actual vacation! And the fact that the groundhog didn't see his shadow, i.e. early spring, just makes me hopeful.

1 comment:

Natali Thompson said...

Oh..sorry you guys have been sick! We have had some of that in our house too. Not as bad as yours! I am with you on planning a vacation. I need to go somewhere warm!! Miss you guys-glad you are feeling better. :)