4.16.2014

The End of an Era






















Brody had his last class yesterday.   Ahhhhhhhh.

And after a trial on Thursday his clinic work will start to wind down too.  Just a couple of finals and he will be officially done with law school.  It's finally here you guys!

I have been thinking a lot lately about how this is truly the end of one phase of our lives and the beginning of something completely new. And I'm trying to really enjoy the end of this beautiful chapter, little moments like Saturday morning when I woke up to nothing but the pangs in my bladder, then quietly went back to sleep, curled up next to Brody. We slept-in until sometime after 10 and lazily lounged around the house at our own pace and leisure.  Then later that day when we were hungry and decided on a whim to go grab lunch together and were out the door in seconds, walking around this busy, bustling city hand-in-hand.  And I know those little luxuries will soon be a thing of the past.  We are beyond excited to meet this sweet baby girl but I'm also trying to savor these last weeks of just the two of us.  The last five-and-a-half years have been so special.  From our first, crappy newly-wed apartment, to moving across the country, all the while working full-time to support Brody's education.  I've loved sharing these adventures with my favorite person in the world and we can't wait to make room for another addition to our little family and make this a threesome. It's one of the few times in our life that will truly mark a turning point and it feels so strange to be standing here, teetering on the edge.


2 comments:

Lacey said...

i love the way you can express yourself with words, it is truly a gift!

Lani said...

It is Ha ha ha I was just thinking the same thing because "it's got to be your bull" I know Lacey and I have those communication skills! Love you sister and I am glad you are savoring those last few sleep in Saturdays!