4.25.2014

Things I Want To Remember










  • My sweet co-workers for throwing me a shower at work, Tiffany-blue themed decor and all :)  Even though it was kind of torturous to have to be the center of attention.
  • The look on Brody's face anytime he gets a really good kick from baby girl, especially when he can tell if it's a little foot or hand.
  • The shockingly nice, complete strangers (both women) who offered to carry a box for me the other day after seeing me struggling to carry it down the sidewalk (it was empty and not heavy at all but with a giant belly, it's just awkward to carry anything because you have to put it to one side of the bump or the other).  People can be really nice to you when you're pregnant.
  • Each time Brody has happily gone to get me a McFlurry when I get a craving.  I'm usually not a sweet tooth but baby girl loves her ice cream. Don't judge.
  • The fact that even our landlord gave us a baby gift.  Has that ever happened in the history of ever??? So unexpected and kind.
  • Watching Brody practice his swaddling skills on a stuffed animal bunny. I dare you to think of anything sweeter.
  • Brody and I swapping Netflix for a bunch of online How-To videos on diaper-changing, different baby holds, swaddling, infant CPR, etc. etc. etc. I don't know how my parents survived without the internets.
  • Those quiet moments alone just me and baby girl, watching and feeling her move.
  • Brody asking me to spoon him so he can feel baby girl's kicks on his back.
  • The looks on my co-worker's faces the other day when they could feel baby girl's hiccups.  It was the first time a lot of them had felt a baby move in the womb.
  • The fact that Brody has given me a back massage/tickle every night for the past couple of months to help me fall asleep. I really won the lottery with that one. 
  • This crazy sensation of being both desperately excited to meet this sweet little boo, and deathly afraid of the fact that we will be in charge of a human life. It's a lot to try and wrap my brain around.

No comments: