9.13.2012

Day 5

Sunday was particularly fun for me, as our visitors got to experience a fast and testimony meeting in the DC 3rd, and I think they were as pleasantly surprised as I'd hoped---especially when they had to stand and introduce themselves to everyone at the end of sacrament.  Afterwards, we headed over to the National Cathedral, which among other things, has a piece of moonrock embedded in one of the stained-glass windows, a rock from Mount Sinai, and of course--the Darth Vader gargoyle.

Lastly, we went to the DC Temple, or Emerald City as it is sometime's called here. It was interesting to talk to the Visitor's Center missionaries tell stories of how many people had come to check things out simply because they drive by it so often on their way to work or had a dream about it.  It was a wonderful day.



3 comments:

Lani said...

Wow it is just so gorgeous! I love the stories from the missionaries from the visitor's center. It looked like a really good time.

Lacey said...

ok, the post is lovely and i love al the stories about the missionaries and hello it really does look like emerald city. but there are a couple pics in there of mom and dad that are crackin me up. you kill me linds!

Lindsey said...

I know Lace, but those pictures of them were too good not share