2.26.2014

Blerg.

So the mattress was supposed to be delivered yesterday.  Brody and I had prepared last weekend by moving furniture and getting everything ready, dreaming of what a good night's sleep we were going to get and thrilled at getting some semblance of normalcy back to our apartment (we still don't have carpet or a ceiling in our bedroom because everything has to be done through the co-op, and blah blah blah, that's a whole other issue)

...And then basically everything that could go wrong did. The genius delivery people showed up with one XL Twin box spring. Yes, one twin-sized box spring for a King mattress. Then, the mattress itself was torn, and it wasn't even double-sided. We obviously refused to sign for anything and then when they brought our old Queen set back in, it was covered in dirt and mud from their delivery truck.
...

So not only did they not deliver what we had ordered, they ruined what we'd had to begin with. I was and still am shocked at how poorly it went. I had thought that buying from a company as reputable as the Williams Sonoma brand companies would have been a sure-thing. I had naively assumed "white-glove" delivery service would actually be competent and good.  Now, we are completely back to square one as far as finding a mattress and I've written to their customer service about just how poorly everything went, describing in great detail how a full refund doesn't equate restitution since they also destroyed our property in the process.  We'll see how they respond.

I'm sorry that the blog has now become a running diatribe of first-world problems for me to whine about. Poor me, my king size mattress didn't work out.  I realize how ridiculous it is and how much worse it could be. But, I'm also just wondering what Brody and I did to make the universe so mad at us...


1 comment:

Lani said...

Oh man I love the Ross quote too good! But when you are paying lots of money for something you expect that to go smoothly. I also have to say when you are pregnant and sleeping poorly and were expecting a huge nice bed you have every right to get really mad at them for their mistake. I love you sister and I hope you are able to find something soon.