9.18.2011

All you need is a light jacket


Sorry for the lack of posts, it's been kind of a crazy week!

We did three filings at work, which was exciting and crazy to see how much goes into filing pleadings, motions, etc. for the Circuit court. I felt like a total moron all week while I relied heavily on the assistants around me to carry-out the cite-checking, formatting, and logistics of each filing. But it was interesting to see the 'late-night' side of litigation.

It was the second week of the tutoring program for the youth in our ward and let's just say we are learning as we go :) It was successful but let's just say we had about 5 people show up to be tutored that we didn't know were going to be there and had to do a little last-minute shuffling/scrambling to find tutors for everyone.

Friday night we were invited to a get together with some of the other students from Brody's section. It was interesting to put faces on some of the people I've been hearing about, and to be a definite minority of the group being both Mormon and married :)

The second was a Sunday dinner invitation from cute Ali and Brian, who invited all the new BYU interns in our ward, as well as a few of the other young couples over for some lovely dinner and conversation. It was so fun to get to know them, although I won't lie I felt a little old when I was asked when I graduate and had to think about it for a second, (2007). I can't believe it's been that long!

Let's talk about the weather this week...it was fantastic! It wasn't hot or cold, it was that perfect beginning of fall, crisp, cool air. Perfect jacket weather. Which of course meant that I had to watch You've Got Mail, I've decided it's my unofficial fall kick-off movie.

We are hoping to go see the new MLK memorial at the mall this week, we've heard some great things and can't wait to see it for ourselves!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

i have also been loving the weather here. amazing. not quite cold enough to wear a jacket, but almost. :)