9.04.2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

I've been trying to find an affordable stylist ever since we moved to DC. But after finding a girl in our ward that charges $100, and calling a hair school and having them tell me it would be $70 for highlights, and $18 for a cut for a STUDENT, I consigned myself to the fact that it wasn't going to be possible to have it done for less than $100 and quite frankly I can't justify spending that much on hair when Brody's tuition is $40,000 a year. Plus, my stylist back in Utah once told me I should never pay more than $60 to get my hair done because I have such fine hair. So I decided to look into doing it myself.

After doing a lot of online research, watching video tutorials, asking for advice from friends and my old stylist, I decided to give it a try. I picked a L'Oreal home kit and I'm actually pretty pleased with the results. I was terrified, I mean literally petrified, to do my own hair. I've been getting it done since my senior year of high school and I had never dyed my own hair. But I think it turned out alright, and it only cost about $14. It's a little darker overall now and a lot warmer. Now I just need to get it cut! Please excuse how gross I look in the before picture.


before/after

6 comments:

Kat said...

see nothing to worry about, it turned out fabulous. love the color, good job ho.

Unknown said...

Oh Emmm Geee... Wiseballs! That ish is AMAZING! Will you do my hair?? Seriously! Bravo!

Lacey said...

ooh, linds i love it!!! so awesome that you only did it for $14! so awesome. it looks really good in the pictures! i love how it is warmer too. you look good in both pictures btw. :) miss you, love you!

Toni S. Cook said...

Dude you are a pro-- I really like it warmer!! Especially heading into Fall. I have seriously debated doing my own so many times but I always chicken out. I'm way impressed. You look fab as always:)

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

ok first of all I love your new hair and I know Mom will love it too. The Color is gorgeous and to be honest it looks more natural than your before now I am just super jealous that your hair is light enough that you can dye it blonde and not have to use bleach. I love that you think you look gross in the before...please you are always gorgeous!

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

ok first of all I love your new hair and I know Mom will love it too. The Color is gorgeous and to be honest it looks more natural than your before now I am just super jealous that your hair is light enough that you can dye it blonde and not have to use bleach. I love that you think you look gross in the before...please you are always gorgeous!