9.27.2011

Highlights

Life, as they say, is in the details. So here are some highs and lows of life lately

Highs:
  • Coming around the bend on the 495 and seeing this gorgeous site (sorry it's such crappy quality, I snapped it on my iphone, the one on the right I found online but gives a much better sense of the gloriousness)

Tell me that doesn't remind you of Emerald City? The DC temple is one of my faves and the way it is perfectly situated on the 495 is nothing short of magical. I've even heard tell that there are frequent traffic issues along that stretch of the freeway because of distracted driver's.
  • Ebay. I'm obviously super late to the game on this one, but is there anything more satisying than paying super cheap prices for awesome goodies? Plus the whole bidding system just appeals to my competitive side. The key is to never bid early.
  • Opening the mailbox and finding a nice stash of new fall catalogs instead of bills.
  • Getting to meet Brody for lunch on Mondays and Fridays. It really just makes my day :)
  • New episodes in the Hulu queue
  • Getting to the metro station just as the train arrives

Lows:
  • Getting your utility bill with 3 months worth of charges...
  • Taking the time to wave your hair in the morning, only to have the curl pretty much gone by the time you get to work ten minutes later. Thanks humidity, really fantastic.
  • When it rains pretty much every, single, saturday for I can't remember how long.
  • Going to the DMV, which you loathe, so you procrastinate it even though your license has expired and you've been putting it off for weeks and weeks because you aren't really in the mood to wait in a crowded line for 3 hours next to people who may or may not have bathed in the last week. I mean really, I feel like I'll need a silkwood shower after that.
  • I will never understand why office buildings are always freezing. It doesn't have to be 65 degrees for people to be productive
I'm trying to be better at taking pictures, but we just haven't been doing a lot that merits legit photos (going back to the raining every Saturday), but here a couple shots from the last few weeks:

Columbia Heights at night / Brody waiting patiently for the metro at the Friendship Heights station

3 comments:

Kat said...

Totally agree, arriving right as the metro does is the greatest thing. I hate waiting.

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

fun pics! I hope it stops raining soon. That is one of the things I remember from when I visited Wendy in DC

Lacey said...

eww the DMV, eww there's a wig on the floor!
sorry your driver's license has expired. i remember getting mine renewed and i had to take Halle with me, which wasn't fun, so maybe that will make you feel better about your situation? maybe not.
i like all your highs though they are fun!