9.11.2011

Living / Dining


I took some pictures of the living and dining room this weekend, it was finally sunny and I actually had some natural light! It had been raining for about a week straight.


I got these lovely Robert Allen ikat pillow covers on etsy, and we covered our red lovesac with a beige fitted sheet.




Before:

After:

the full layout, with the lovely eye-sore treadmill (which we got for free!)


And the dining room, or really I should say dining area as it's just around the corner from the living area

I painted all of our mis-matched chairs and re-upholstered them in burlap


this was the lone painting of mine that made the cut this time around, possibly because it was my first oil and took a good month for me to finish.

And because I was struggling to take pictures with the natural light that were actually in focus, here are some with the lights on. Isn't it crazy how they completely change the coloring?


and here are the before's. One wall in the dining room was red, and one wall in the living room was purple. Yeah. red and purple in the same eye-line. horrific.

Before:

After:

6 comments:

Lacey said...

oh lindsey, i LOVE IT!!! it looks so good and i know you didn't spend a ton of money but it looks like you did. :) it looks awesome. oh how i wish you were still here to help me with my house.

Adrien said...

oh your kitchen looks great now! i love the white chairs and the painted rug looks like it turned out really well!

Lani said...

Ok so you made your apt look amaazing! that wasn't a miss spelling it was emphasis! I love it all it makes me feel like I am on a beach cottage on the east coast. Also I absolutely adore the clocks you have in your bedroom where did you get all those I want them.

Kat said...

The painting turned out so good! I'm impressed. Love the apartment. Can't wait to come crash on the love sac.

Brian Spittler said...

A.maz.ing. You're so talented.

Whitney said...

Wow so cute! You have a great style! I like your idea about the fitted sheet for the luv sac. We have one too and I have been wanting to change up the color on it.

-Whitney
cwdavenport.blogspot.com