9.20.2011

Kind of a big deal


New York Yankees pitcher Mariano Rivera blows a kiss to fans after recording his career record 602nd save against the Minnesota Twins (Reuters)

Well it's happened, I've had another high-profile run-in. And he's a legit high-profile. I'm not sure how detailed I can be on my blog but let's just say that yesterday I shook the hand of a man that was once the mayor of a really really big city on the East Coast. He may have even made a bid for the Presidency once. Oh and he is a big Yankees fan, as was evidenced by the fact that he was watching their game yesterday on a laptop, in an office mere feet away from my desk, because you know it's not everyday that Mariano Rivera gets to save 602 and it "couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy". Oh did I mention this was just minutes before making a presentation to a group of important people? I may have even printed out the boarding passes for him and his secuirty unit...ya know, just another Monday.

2 comments:

Kat said...

haha I love it

Unknown said...

Um... What?? I feel like I'm trying to decipher espn code! Haha! Take more picks of your apt! I am so
Smitten by your diy ombré rug... Which doesn't look anything like it's a diy!