8.21.2012

Gearing Up

We are getting ready for a lot of activities around here...

Brody goes back to school next week as a big 2L. It's a little bittersweet for me--I'm excited for him to start his second year and be that much closer to graduating ;) but at the same time, I'm not so excited for all the late-night studying and crazy job interviewing that will be going on, it's been so nice spending so much time together this summer. As a 2L he gets to choose his own schedule and classes so hopefully the subject matter will be that much more interesting this year. And supposedly, your first year of law school is the hardest and it gets progressivley easier with each subsequent year. We'll see....

My parents and my aunt and uncle will be here next week and we are so thrilled to see everyone and do some exciting sightseeing.  My parents have been to DC once before, but I don't think my aunt and uncle have ever been so we are going to let them dictate the schedule and it sounds wonderful so far... including a day trip to Fort McHenry (which inspired the Spangled Banner) and Gettysburg (pictured above), a possible daytrip to Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, which all sound amazing since I've never been to any of those places. Plus, I'm sure they will want to see all the sights and museums DC has to offer including a tour of the West Wing! (let's hope no one's birthdays were entered incorrectly this time) through Brody's internship.

I'm getting excited and exhausted just thinking about it all :)

1 comment:

Lacey said...

so fun, i wish i was coming too, someday i will make it out to see you!