8.07.2012

Random Musings

The ridiculously charming Georgetown Canal


 

















  • Am I the only person that wonders where all those TOMS one-for-one shoes are? I'm waiting for the day when the Discovery channel has a special on an African village all sporting TOMS.  But really though...they've had to have sold millions by now, right?
  • The irony of watching the Olympics: being inspired by the world's greatest athletes to get in better shape, and yet not being able to tear myself away from the television.
  • You can tell a lot about a person from their shoes. It's one of my favorite activities on the metro...try it the next time you're in a public place.
  • I don't think I've ever gone to Target and not found something I want to buy.
  • The same goes for Trader Joe's.
  • If you're ever in DC, be sure to spend some quality time in Georgetown. It's the most charming and European-esque part of the city (especially the canal). You'll feel like you've stepped back in time.
  • While walking through the circle yesterday I saw a group of break dancers having a dance-off, a homeless man and/or hippie meditating in the grass while playing a wooden flute, and a girl tightrope walking about 8 feet in the air. Ya know, just your typical Monday evening :)

3 comments:

Kat said...

Oh that picture is so beautiful! Is that near your place?

Lindsey said...

It's about a 15-minute walk west of our apartment, it's so so pretty.

Unknown said...

Love the canal, love Georgetown so much! Wish I could buy a house there. Love TJ's -- love your comment about it. And I think Dupont Circle is awesome. (I'm assuming that's the circle you were describing.)