8.02.2012

Upper Twenties



Sigh...27 just sounds so much older than 26 doesn't it?  It's upper instead of mid-twenties...although being on the East Coast makes me feel better about it. People here are surprised I'm even married being "so young", whereas at home you'd think my eggs were about to dry up.  It's funny the difference in social norms.

Despite the age factor, it was a really great birthday.  Brody took me out on the town for dinner at the greatest pizza place in DC, 2Amy's.  It's pure neoplitan-style deliciousness.  Afterwards, we strolled around the grounds of the beautiful National Cathedral where we tried to find the Darth Vader gargoyle.  I think we did, but it was too high to tell for sure.  It was crazy to see how much damage had been caused by the earthquake last year, they even had some of the spires that had fallen off and broken on display.  Afterwards I came home to some fabulous and thoughtful gifts, capping the night off with--what else--the olympics.









Oh, and remember that "third thing" from this post?  Well, I was wrong, it wasn't a good thing, it was a GREAT thing.  Without getting too specific, I got a pretty sweet 'birthday present' at work too. It's been a pretty good week around here.

3 comments:

Kat said...

I hate that we are getting old... but yay for birthdays and awesome presents!!

Nancy said...

Upper twenties will be the BEST ... you wait!! Brody told me about the raise ... you must be doing a great job there ... how nice to be so appreciated! Way to take care of the family!! xoxo

Lori said...

Upper 20s is better than lower 30s! Happy Birthday... is that Darth Vader thing real? Funny.