2.27.2012

Sometimes




  • Sometimes I like to fill my cart on J Crew and pretend I don't have a budget.  Just to see how much it would actually cost to get everything I want. sighhhh. Not the best idea.
  • Sometimes I wish I was more confrontational. But other times, I'm glad I'm not.
  • I have amazing friends and an incredible family, and I could never tell them too many times how grateful I am for them.
  • Sometimes (no, most of the time) I just really wish I could go to the ranch on the Biggest Loser for a month and get in awesome shape.
  • Any time I read a comments section online for a political/religious/criminal article I am amazed and frightened by the ignorance of large portions of our population.
  • There are times when I read people's facebook status's and I wonder how they can think anyone can't see exactly what they are fishing for and I get uncomfortable and embarassed for them.
  • Sometimes the thought of motherhood absolutely terrifies me.
  • Other times, when I think of the people in this world that have kids, and have managed to keep them alive and well, I feel a lot better.
  • I really don't understand my own gender sometimes. I swear there has to be some psychological diagnosis for women with super low self esteem, yet somehow think they are 'the bees knees' (to borrow a phrase). I've known so many and I can never quite wrap my brain around it.
  • At times, I put too much stock into what other people think of me. And sometimes (obviously), I can judge a little too harshly myself.
  • Sometimes I miss being a student with no responsibilities.
  • Sometimes I wonder if Oprah and I would be as good of friends in real life as I've always imagined.
  • No. We would be.
  • Sometimes I wish I would have taken bigger risks professionally.
  • But most of the time, I'm happy and content :)

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh boy, I totally thought this was going to be a post dedicated to Oprah when I read that first quote... But I am so with you on the terror of anticipating being a mom. I don't think anything terrifies me more. Ok except snakes. And sharks. And Richard Simmons in his booty shorts.

blair said...

Is it ok that I read your blog? I think you are funny and love love love your style.

sincerly your blog stalker,

Blair