3.16.2012

Fantasyland Friday: The Rec Room / Mancave





I love basements. They are just comfortable and are inescapably linked to fun-- like moving watching movies, playing video games, pool tables, hide-and-go-seek, the list goes on. Oh to have a walk-out basement someday, with lots of windows so there is enought natural light that it doesn't feel like a cave. And this may be the only room I would prefer lots of plush wall-to-wall carpet....maybe. I love this photo from Restoration Hardware, that U-shaped leather sectional looks ridiculously comfortable and absolutely perfect for superbowl parties and the like.

In my fantasyland dreamhouse mancave/rec room I see lots of leather, reclaimed wood or exposed brick, stainless steel, plaid and sweater pillows, masculine fabrics and more industrial finishes and light fixtures. Perhaps even a darker paint color on the walls that is more conducive to movie nights, a classy sports memorabilia and photo display (because that can get tacky real fast), resin antlers, maybe a vintage movie poster or two. A wet bar for making popcorn and having snacks during games, and all that wonderful sound system high-tec stuff that I let Brody take care of (which of course, hides nicely and is contained within lots of built-ins).











2 comments:

Lani said...

I heart the man cave so nice for all those occasions! I love the rich rustic tones and accents! A walk-out is the only way to go really.

The Millers said...

I LOVE all of these pictures. Thanks for sharing!