3.19.2012

Girl Crush

"The reason that I can be 38 and have two kids and wear a bikini is because I work my (explective) off.  It's not an accident. It's not luck, it's not fairy dust, it's not good genes. It's killing myself for an hour-and-a-half five days a week.  But what I get out of it is relative to what I put into it.  That's what I try to do in all areas of my life."

-Gwyneth Paltrow

I saw this quote on Pinterest and just had to save it in my blog archives as well. I love it. I can't stand when celebrities claim they never work out or diet, and just have good genes. Uh huh.... that and an eating disorder. And sure, it helps to be able to afford nannies and physical trainers and dieticians, etc. to look like that after having kids, but the principle is the same. You get what you put it in. And it's definitely inspiring.



But I digress, I have always loved Gwyneth Paltrow's style, classic with a less-is-more theme. My mother always used to tell me, "You wear the clothes. Don't let the clothes wear you." and I think Gwyneth definitely has that down to a science. You never see her wearing the tacky matchy-matchy over-bearing necklace and earrings set, or uber-trendy fad.  It's simple and understated.  She is the closest thing we have to a modern Grace Kelly in my opinion, well her and Kate Middleton.













1 comment:

Lacey said...

i love the quote, it's so true. you really have to just put in the time and effort to get what you want. i also love gwenyth's style, so classic.