8.28.2011

Experiences


"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet." - Bob Marley

When Brody and I decided to move to DC, we did it in part because we wanted to have an adventure. We wanted to get outside our comfort zone and see what life was like outside the bubble. And in the last week, we got more than we bargained for :) What are the odds of an earthquake and hurricane striking the same week? (really though I would be curious to hear that statistic) and during Brody's first week of law school no less?! It's actually been a great week, we got really lucky with Irene and didn't even lose power. Last night we decided to take a little walk to the fountain to see what the weather was like..

The rain was actually lighter than normal, but there were some powerful gusts of wind.

It was weird to see the fountain completely deserted. Normally it's a feeding ground for homeless, activists, bucket drummers, lovers and everyone in between. It was eerily quiet but kind of fun to be the only ones there.



Brody is doing great in school so far. The amount of reading was a little overwhelming at first but he actually enjoys the subject material.

It's been an exciting week to say the least!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you are so brave! Have some adventure for me until I'm brave enough!you're first pic is awesome... I want it for me house... Mmm Kay? And ps... Oh em gee.... You are tiny! Tell me everything about those baby tiny legs of yours.... I want your body.... That is all!

Lani said...

Um Lindsay you are hillarious, and yes little sister I want your tiny long baby legs too. I am glad you got some fun/scary adventures out there but I am super grateful they ended up being not bad that makes me really happy. I love you and miss you.

Lacey said...

yeah seriously what are the odds? i am so happy for you and your fun adventure. thanks for posting on your blog often, i love living vicariously through you. :) love you!